This year’s championship is inspired by Frederick Barbarossa, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire from 1155 to 1190. A chivalrous, intelligent knight who understood Latin, enjoyed German poetry, and was interested in history and law, Emperor Barbarossa was a skilled diplomat who showed deep determination and vigor in his passion for justice.
Date: Saturday, February 18, 2017
Hours: 10 am – 10 pm
Site: Magnolia Lutheran Church, 2414 31st Ave West, Seattle, WA 98199
Site: Adults $17 ($5 member discount applies).
Under 18 – free site admission.
Make checks payable to:
SCA, Inc., Barony of Madrone.
Registration questions? Please contact Baroness Alianora Greymoor.
MADRONE AS&B 2017 SCHEDULE
Activities take place in Luther Hall unless otherwise indicated
- 9:00 a.m. – competitors may enter and start setting up
- 9:30 a.m. – open to the general public
- 10:30 a.m. – opening court
- 10:45 a.m. – A&S competition begins
- 10:45 a.m. – Red Branch meeting – Lounge (upstairs)
- 11:00 a.m. – proposed start of Bardic competition [to be confirmed] – Fireside Room
- 3:30 – Judges Meetings – Library – closed to any except Judges – break down competition tables and set up for court
- 4:00 p.m. – Closing Court
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner is served!
- 8:00 p.m. – Dancing
- 9:00 p.m. Start cleaning up site
- 10:00 pm Site closes, thank you for coming!
The winner will become Madrone’s 2017 A&S champion. The letter of intent to enter is here:
– 1 completed project (with documentation**)
– 1 project in progress (with inspiration and rough outline of research)
For each project you will present to a panel of judges for 15-20 minutes with 15-20 minutes for Q&A with the judges after the presentation. Please bring 3 copies of your documentation.
Youth A&S Challenge:
A completed project with a short write up of what inspired you to create your project. Populace votes will determine the Youth Challenge Prize Recipient.
– 1 completed project with a short write-up about your inspiration
– Please contact Baron Aeron Corrino with questions.
We have a wealth of talented Laurels across a broad spectrum of disciplines here in Madrone, truly a glorious embarrassment of riches! We would like to see what current item or skill has captured their interest and let others feed off the creative energy and process!
– 1 Work in Progress – with inspiration research/images and a brief write up of anticipated path toward completion
– interested Laurels should message Baron Aeron Corrino with your intent (AS@baronyofmadrone.net)
We are planning to have guest lecturers presenting during the day as well.