Laurels of An Tir in partnership with Their Excellencies of Madrone and the Ministry of Arts and Sciences invite artisans of all skill levels to journey to Athenaeum, in the Barony of Madrone, to showcase your artistic skills to all the Realm!
YOU spoke; WE listened!
For the most current information about this event, see the Event Page on the An Tir Kingdom website: https://www.antir.org/events/2019/06/29/athenaeum-2/
This is a non-competitive Body of Work event, and it is your chance to display the breadth of your artistic abilities and receive valuable feedback and commentary from the Laurels of AnTir and other artisans in a relaxed, collaborative, and engaging environment.
This event is also open to those who do not want to display. If you just want to come peruse the largest arts and sciences display in the kingdom and interact with the artisans- this event is for you too!!! All are welcome!!
There will be a lunch by the Madrone Culinary Guild, for $8, of period foods.
To pre-register to attend the event, kindly select the PayPal link: https://forms.gle/4XyJeGeKQL4ups5d6
Artisan Display Specifics:
- Body of work display: Artisans are offered multiple table size options. They bring everything they want to show off/receive feedback on and display it in their allotted space in a pleasing manner. There is no limit to what you can display, and documentation is not required. If you have documentation that you wish to put out, it is sometimes helpful; however, the focus is on conversation.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 15th, 2019 (as of March 28, 2019, registrations are full.)
Artisans can get on a waiting list: Click here
NEW: PayPal secures your spot!!!
• Artisans register at the above link.
• Upon completion of registration survey, your email address will be provided to the PayPal admin.
• The admin will generate an invoice an send it to the email address provided in your registration.
• You will have a week from when the PayPal invoice is sent to the email you use to register. After that week, we will not hold your spot until it is paid.
• Once the invoice is paid, we will confirm your spot with you AND send you the link to join the artisans group. All artisan communication will happen within that group
Last year was pretty awesome, but we had a few folks who didn’t show up and didn’t let me know- those spots could’ve gone to another artisan! Now that PayPal is available, that’s what we are going to use. I will submit the first batch of artisans to the PayPal admin 24 hours after I open registration and then every 24 hours until spots are filled. It’s happening!!!!!! It’s really happening again y’all!!!!
We opened up 75 spots with the option to add more depending on interest and table availability.
After registration cut-off, attending Laurels are paired with registered entrants thus ensuring that all entrants have been able to meet with Laurels in addition to all the other artisans and observers who will be in attendance.
How it works:
- Once the event starts, Artisans sit at their tables and Laurels and non-entrants start to circulate. Typically Laurels will approach the people on their dance card first.
- Each Laurel typically spends a minimum of 30-45 minutes with each artisan on their dance card (usually 2-3 artists) talking about their work. They are not judging, assigning scores, or providing structured critique guided by a form. It is a very informal conversation between artists about the work on display.
- Often artisans might have some works-in-progress that they would like feedback on, recently completed projects, learning new skills, or a desire to showcase the breadth of their skills.
- Once Laurels have completed their dance card, they are free to roam around and meet with as many artists as they want. Laurels are encouraged to hand out largess for displays that have impressed them, or circle back to displays that they saw earlier but didn’t have a chance to visit. It is all very casual with a bit of structure to keep the event moving.
- Every hour a color is announced and artists that have been assigned that color are allowed to get up and roam around and visit with other artisans about their work. At a minimum that is two hours of face time with other artisans.
- Artisans should have some kind of notebook to capture feedback, insights, and conversations.
Schedule is being finalized.
The Madrone Culinary Guild will be selling a three part lunch for $8. It is capped at 150; all exhibitors will have first chance to reserve a place as part of their pre-registration. We do not yet have the details or menu, but will post them as soon as we do.
Additionally there are lots of places to eat close by, including Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and a couple of teriyaki places. There is also the Costco food court and a Safeway within a few blocks.
Regarding the question of accommodations in the immediate area:
There are several motels within a few minutes’ drive including a Silver Cloud and a Baymont.
Location: Lake Washington High School
Calendar: June 29, 2019
Time: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Venue: The Kang Cafeteria
Site fee: $20 ($5 membership discount). No charge for youth under 18 or children.
Find us on Facebook: